Bicycle centers are a new model of transportation hub, designed to make bicycling more attractive and accessible for residents and commuters.
The Madison Bicycle Center (MBC) is a collaboration between the City of Madison and local bike co-op Madison Freewheel Bike Co. The MBC is located in the Judge Doyle Square development, just off Capital Square (202 S. Pinckney St.) and convenient to downtown bus routes.
What We Offer
- Does your bike need a little work? We offer an outside fix-it station where you can tune-up your bike yourself, and tune-ups and other mechanical services for a fee. MBC members receive two free tune-ups a year, discounts on services, and same-day turnaround (if dropped off before 9 AM).
- Are you eager to learn how to repair your bike, or ride safely? Freewheel hosts FREE repair and safety classes to the public.
- Are you a winter cyclist who hates the way sand and salt eat away at your bike? Our bike wash station is available to Bike Center Members and people with day passes.
- Feeling sweaty after your commute? Our bathrooms are open to the public during business hours, and we offer changing rooms and showers to members and day pass holders.
- Worried about someone cutting your lock? We provide bike storage hooks to members and day pass holders. Stow your stuff in one of our secure lockers, too!
- Just need to buy something? We are a full retail shop, with tubes, tires, tools, headsets, stems, cranks, and — yes — recycled bikes. Our friendly, knowledgable sales staff are happy to help you choose out exactly what you need.
MBC Members receive additional benefits — like 24/7 facility access and 20% discounts on all purchases. We only have 118 MBC Memberships available, so act fast!
For more information about memberships and how to buy one, visit our membership page.